Title: Office Manager
FLSA status: Non -Exempt
Reports directly to the Executive Director and in case of absence, Director of Prevention and Education.
Our mission is to serve people living with HIV/AIDS, their loved ones, caregivers and communities at large, through compassionate and non-judgmental care, prevention, education and advocacy. We are committed to serving all people infected or affected with HIV/AIDS in a non-judgmental and confidential environment, regardless of means of transmission or the ability to pay.
Agency Expectations of Employee:
- Adheres to Agency Policy and Procedures;
- Acts as role model within and outside the Agency;
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude;
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management to prioritize workload; and
- Consistently reports to work prepared and on time.
Position Location and Physical Requirements:
This position will primarily be performed at the Alliance of AIDS Services-Carolina’s office in Raleigh. Occasional lifting of supplies and transporting of materials is required. Eighty percent of incumbent’s time will be spent sitting and working with a computer.
Description of Responsibilities and Duties:
The following are examples of typical duties; other duties may be assigned. The incumbent is required to follow and perform any job-related functions and instructions by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- Provide administrative and clerical support including, but not limited to, answering telephones, mailings, and filing;
- Performs Accounts Payable and check preparation duties;
- Assist in the maintenance of client files and records by using the Agency’s information management systems established to store client data and hand written notes when necessary;
- Assist in the development of reports and help collect and maintain statistical data in accordance with funding source requirements;
- Perform other job-related tasks assigned.
- Greet clients; answers telephones; distribute mail; order supplies;
- Maintain the community resource information bulletin boards;
- Manage and recruit volunteers and/or clients fulfilling community services; and
Academic Requirements and Experience:
- Minimum of 1-2 years business administrative experience or equivalent training and work experience with office management , accounting, or budgeting preferred;
- Competence with Microsoft Office and QuickBooks software preferred; and
- A valid North Carolina Driver’s license and adequate transportation are required to perform job duties.
Required Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Friendly demeanor and outgoing personality;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Skills in coordination and planning of meetings and schedules;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of diversity and this organization;
- Willingness to work with a diversified population, including volunteers and clients;
- Working knowledge of the principles and procedures of the assigned tasks;
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team; and
- Awareness and commitment to AASC’S mission statement and values as well as the standards of the ADA and EEOC.
- $9.00-12.00 hour (based on experience)
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.