The Alliance is always looking for surplus computers, laptops, servers, workstations, LCD flat-panel monitors, notebooks, routers, servers, iPad, VOIP phones, network switches and more.
Used computer equipment for the support of the clients we serve:
- PCs less than 5 years old (2.00 GHz or higher processor with minimum 1GB of Memory)
- PC Hard Drives- 40GB and larger
- Laptops- 2.00 GZ or higher
- PCMCIA wireless cards for laptops
- LCD Monitors
- USB flash (thumb) drives- 1 GB or higher
- PC Memory- 1 GB and higher
- CDRW or DVD drives
- Routers, switches, or hubs (particularly Gigabit switches)
- Apple Computers in working order, less than 3 years old
- NO printers however, we will accept;
- New printer cartridges
- New laser printer toner in original boxes
Warehouse Equipment and Office Supplies:
- Computer Equipment - See Minimum Requirements - "Computer Equipment" for our wish list!
- Wheeled bread racks for storage
- Large Plastic Totes for storage
- Copy paper
- Orange traffic cones (6-8)
- Shrink wrap for moving and storing equipment
- Office supply store gift cards (name tags, tape, pens, etc.)
Follow these easy steps to donate equipment
- Check our Minimum Requirements to ensure that your equipment can be accepted.
- Make an appointment - Donations are accepted by appointment only. To make an appointment, please call 919-834-2437 X120. We ask that donors be responsible for transportation of the equipment to our facility. For larger donations, we can suggest low cost transportation in the local area. Thumb Drives can be mailed or dropped off at our office Monday through Friday 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM.
- Consider a cash donation along with your equipment - please consider a monetary donation to help with our refurbishing costs. Your gift will help us put your equipment donation to good use. Please fill out The Alliance's Equipment Donation Receipt prior to arriving. This will make the donation process much faster.
- Computers must have 2.00 GHz or higher processor. (All computers less than 5 years old should meet this requirement).
- Computers should not be stripped of parts.
- LCD flat panel monitors can be any size, please remember to include the power supplies.
- We are not accepting CRT monitors at this time - go to your local county recycling website for CRT disposal.
- PC Speakers with connecting cables
- Laptops must have 2.00 GHz or higher processor.
- Laptops should include an AC adapter or power cord.
- Hard Disk Drives- 40 GB or higher in working condition
- Operating Systems - Windows XP or newer. The CDs, keycodes and Certificates Of Authenticity (COAs) must accompany each OS.
- Memory -- 2.00 GHz or higher, RAM sticks of all kinds, including laptop memory.
- PCI sound cards, CD or CDRW or DVD drives, ethernet cards, PCI video cards, etc.
- 19" half-rack used for server systems and networking equipment installation.
- Rack mounted server or blade server systems suitable for network based OS image loading of target PC systems.
- Rack mounted DASD (hard drive) storage system.... SCSI or SATA.
- Rack mounted Ethernet networking equipment.... switches, routers, hubs. (Cisco, HP, etc....10/100mbps or Gigabit)
- Stand alone 10/100mbps or Gigabit Ethernet routers or hubs.... (Netgear, Linksys, Dlink, etc....)
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer
- Box truck or step van in good working order with a lift gate in the back.
- Fork Lift, in good working order.
All donations to The Alliance of AIDS Services Carolina that meet our requirements are eligible for a tax deduction to the full extent of the law. A tax donation receipt will be provided at the time of donation. The Alliance has been issued a 501(c)(3) certification from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service as a charitable, not-for-profit organization. The Alliance can issue acknowledgments for tax purposes to represent the donation of equipment at fair market value. The donor is responsible for determining his/her own fair market value. By donating equipment to The Alliance of AIDS Services Carolina, the donor acknowledges that this is an unconditional donation and transfers to The Alliance all rights for use of the equipment and any data that might be contained therein. The Alliance will use the equipment as it sees fit which may include; refurbishment for HIV Clients and charitable purposes, use for spare parts, donation to a third party, scrap, recycling or resale to raise funds to support Alliance activities.
While The Alliance uses general procedures to reformat and/or wipe data from hard drives from all donated equipment, it cannot guarantee the removal of information from contributed computers and assumes no responsibility for the removal of any information from contributed computers.