To serve people living with HIV/AIDS, their loved ones, caregivers and communities at large through compassionate and nonjudgmental care, prevention, education and advocacy
In 1999, the Alliance was formed by the union of three AIDS service organizations (AIDS Service Agency-NC, Triangle AIDS Interfaith Network and AIDS Service Agency-Orange Co.). These founding organizations saw a need to combine resources and services into one agency that would effectively serve the Triangle. Formed from the merger of these three agencies, the Alliance of AIDS Services-Carolina has established an office in Raleigh with outreach programs throughout the Triangle.
- Testing free testing services are offered at our Raleigh offices and at special locations throughout the Triangle.
- Prevention Education programs are offered to youth organizations, prisons and shelters, schools, colleges and universities, substance abuse treatment facilitiesand many other organizations.
- Advocacy Services include emergency financial help with rent, utilities and other basic needs, assistance with obtaining medical equipment and handling other medical needs, transportation assistance, access to items in a local food pantries and membership in client support groups.
- Food Bank. A Food Bank for clients is offered at our Raleigh location.
- Faith Ministries are being planned for in the future. We hope to recreate a program pairs congregation-based Support Teams with Partners (an AAS-C client diagnosed with HIV) to provide practical, emotional and spiritual support to the clients and respite care for their family and loved ones.
- Drag Bingo - Bingo games hosted by drag queens, participants win prizes, proceeds come from ticket sales, event held six times a year next game is May 14, 2016 - Venue to be announced!
- The Red Ribbon Ride is scheduled for June 4th at the American Tobacco Campus. Visit our Facebook page for more info!
- Dining Out for LIFE is COMING!!! April 28th - stay tuned for more info!