Title: CLEAR Counselor
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
The Alliance of AIDS Services-Carolina’s mission is to serve people living with HIV/AIDS, their loved ones, caregivers, and communities at large through compassionate and non-judgmental care, prevention, education, and advocacy. We are committed to serving all people infected or affected with HIV/AIDS in a non-judgmental and confidential environment, regardless of means of transmission or the ability to pay.
Primary Purpose of Position
To coordinate and implement CLEAR: Choosing Life: Empowerment! Action! Results! CLEAR is an evidence-based, health promotion intervention for males and females ages 16 and older living with HIV/AIDS or at high-risk for HIV. CLEAR is a client-centered program delivered one-on-one using cognitive behavioral techniques to change behavior.
For more information, visit www.effectiveinterventions.org/.../CLEAR.aspx
Agency Expectations of Employee
- Adheres to Agency Policy and Procedures;
- Acts as role model within and outside the Agency;
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude;
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management to prioritize workload; and,
- Consistently reports to work prepared and on time.
Position Location and Physical Requirements
This position will primarily be performed out of the Alliance of AIDS Services Carolinas’ office and is required to travel throughout the Triangle area for CLEAR recruitment and counseling sessions. Occasional lifting of supplies and training materials is required.
Description of Responsibilities and Duties
The following are examples of typical duties, other duties may be assigned:
- Assess, plan, implement, coordinate, and evaluate CLEAR intervention;
- Conduct one-on-one counseling sessions with individuals living with HIV;
- Focused outreach to HIV clinics, case management agencies, other HIV positive focused interventions;
- Network and negotiate with business and community organizations for memorandums of agreement to conduct CLEAR sessions;
- Meet with staff on a monthly basis to review scheduled sessions, reports, goal attainment and problem solving;
- Submit monthly and quarterly reports, accountability forms, timelines/work plans, calendars, etc. to Director;
- Attend and participate in continuing education opportunities;
- Participate in agency fundraising events; and
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Required Credentials, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling or a closely related human services degree.
- Culturally competent with target population;
- Good organizational and presentation skills;
- Appointment scheduling;
- Highly motivated and willing to take initiative.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal. Out-going personality a plus.
- Working knowledge of the principles and procedures of the assigned tasks;
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team;
- Awareness and commitment to AASC’s mission statement and values: and
- Prefer a background in HIV education, health education, or case management as well as individual counseling.
Salary: Mid 30’s
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Please direct submissions to [email protected].